Yesterday morning, I went in his room to wake him up, which always takes at least a few minutes but usually ends in exactly the same way most mornings. I gently try to ease Josh into wakefulness, he resists, then eventually he toots and starts giggling.
Yesterday, our morning went much the same way except this time, after he tooted, instead of giggling, he got up and said, "The best way to start the morning is with a good batch of toots!" Then...he giggled.
By the way, in this picture, Josh is imitating the BlueTongued Skink!
On a darker note, Sam is sick. He has been to the allergist to investigate the cause of his snoring and frequent sinus infections. While he does not have any allergies, he did have an abnormal nasal x-ray, as well as some abnormalities in his sleep apnea test. So...we are taking him to the ENT on May 11th to determine whether or not he needs to have his tonsils and adenoids taken out. In the meantime, since he has yet another sinus infection, we have started back on Afrin, Nasonex, and Omnicef, per Dr. Harper's orders. However, last night, my baby woke up after midnight complaining that the soles of his feet were horribly itchy. Soon, the palms of his hands were bothering him too. We gave him a benedryl chewable tablet, and I held him in his bed, trying to get him to go back to sleep. Before long, his entire body was itchy, and when I turned on the light, I found that he had a rash that was quickly spreading all over him. The doctor said that he was probably having an allergic reaction to the Omnicef, despite the fact that he has taken this antibiotic many times before. Anyway, I'm sure we will be back at the doctor again today or at least back to the pharmacy to fill a new prescription. Poor little bear.
Here he is in his TBall Reds uniform, sitting patiently on the bench, waiting for his chance at bat. Don't you just love how his feet don't reach the ground? So sweet.


No comments:
Post a Comment